PEFC UK is required to revise or review its national endorsed forest certification scheme every five years. PEFC UK has used the U K Woodland Assurance Standard (UKWAS) as part of its national scheme since 2002 and the current version of UKWAS 4 has now begun its revision process to UKWAS 5. The second public consultation on the current draft is for 60 days and is now open. We would encourage all stakeholders to comment on the draft and answer the questions posed in the consultation paper.
The consultation draft has been prepared by a chamber-balanced working group reflecting economic, environmental, and social interests taking full account of earlier stakeholder input.
The is the final consultation round and stakeholders are encouraged to read through the draft and submit their comments using the Consultation Template.
The aim is for the fifth edition of the UKWAS standard to be effective from April 2023.
The following documentation is available at ukwas.org.uk
- UKWAS Consultation Paper on Second Revision Draft
- UKWAS 5 Consultation Template (Second Revision Draft)
UKWAS 5 Second Revision Drafts:
- UKWAS 5 Second Revision Draft (Requirements-only version)
- UKWAS 5 Second Revision Draft (Full version)
- UKWAS Revision 2020-23 Initial Revision Draft Consultation Report
- Consultation Report Annex 1
Standard-users and stakeholders should submit their input by Tuesday, 30th November 2021 to email@example.com.