We are looking for a Marketing Manager
Closing date 30th October
We are seeking a creative and experienced Marketing Manager to join our team who is committed to grow market demand for PEFC certified renewable, recyclable, and responsibly sourced, wood-based products.
Strategy, Planning & Implementation
- Develop and implement PEFC UK’s 3-year Business Plan in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Develop and implement PEFC UK’s annual communications and marketing plan.
- Researching key companies in target sectors as potential candidates for Chain of Custody certification.
- Developing and implementing direct mail campaigns to strengthen relationship with existing companies and also to target new companies.
- Maintaining our marketing database.
- Researching content and producing presentations as required.
Training & Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Ongoing development and promotion of PEFC UK’s CPD programme for the built environment sector and post event administration.
- Management of PEFC UK’s external construction consultant and overseeing development of new content.
- Organising PEFC UK Events such as webinars, CPD workshops and training.
- Organising PEFC UK presence at relevant trade shows.
- Overseeing PEFC UKs event sponsorship activities.
PEFC UK Representation
- Representing PEFC UK at external meetings e.g. retail and construction sectors, to ensure that PEFC is included in procurement policies and to encourage the use of the PEFC label both off and on product.
- Liaising with PEFC National Governing Bodies on specific marketing issues/projects.
- Representing PEFC UK on international working groups including:
- Marketing, Communications and Advocacy (MCA) working group
- Attendance on Thematic Taskforces
- Liaising with PEFC UK Board members on sector-specific marketing issues.
- Developing marketing materials such as sector-specific brochures, case studies and factsheets.
- Preparing PEFC UK press releases in conjunction with press consultant.
- Production of editorial and advertising in conjunction with press consultant.
- Monitoring and collating press coverage of PEFC in the UK.
- Preparation of quarterly Marketing & Communications Report for presentation at board meetings.
- Develop digital media campaigns and content, working in partnership with our Operations Manager.
- Educated to degree level with a recognised postgraduate marketing or sales qualification.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a professional sales or marketing role, preferably in an FMCG, forest-based products sector, or certification and labelling environment.
- Experience of developing creative solutions that positively impact business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a talent for persuading.
- A confident multitasker, able to prioritise effectively.
- A self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Well-developed analytical, detail-orientated skills.
- Strong project management skills and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of digital and social media and its use to achieve marketing objectives.
Location: Sheffield (inc. option for flexible remote working) with occasional domestic and overseas travel.
Benefits: Pension, private healthcare, 25 days annual leave.
Application by CV and a covering letter stating how your skills and past experience are relevant to the job to: John Kirkby firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 3oth October 2023