Responsible Timber Sourcing CPD For Specifiers
Timber has increasing appeal for architects, designers and those who specify materials for construction projects. Specifiers can now learn more about responsible timber procurement and Chain of Custody certification through our fully-accredited, one-hour CPD course.
The CPD is provided free of charge. It can be delivered online via Zoom for up to 100 participants or in person at your office (all we ask is that hosts provide a venue with a display screen or projector and a minimum number of 8 participants).
Why You Need to Know about Responsible Timber Sourcing
Using timber from well-managed forests that meet internationally recognised standards of legality and sustainability, certified by organisations such as PEFC is a pre-requisite for environmental assessment schemes such as BREEAM, LEED and Ska, as well as many others around the world.
Green building standards, together with corporate responsible sourcing policies, are increasingly driving demand for responsibly-sourced timber. To meet client expectations, it is therefore important that designers and specifiers insist on certified timber for their projects, along with full Chain of Custody.
What you will learn from this CPD
The background to forest certification and its global importance
• The UK timber market and drivers for certified timber
• Certification schemes and requirements of the UK government’s timber procurement policy
• What a model timber specification clause looks like
• How Chain of Custody certification works and the vital information you need to see
• If you would like to take advantage of this free CPD please contact email@example.com