PEFC Label Generator
Companies and forest owners can now create PEFC labels quickly and easily using the PEFC Label Generator. This easy-to-use and intuitive online tool generates PEFC labels in a matter of minutes and provides everything needed to put a PEFC label on products or promotional materials. The PEFC Label Generator is completely cloud-based and enables you to download the label using no additional software. Click on the image to access the generator.
The PEFC Logo
The PEFC logo and labels are globally trusted trademarks. The PEFC ‘green trees’ logo is your assurance that wood-based products – from timber to furniture, packaging to paper – come from sustainable sources.
The label assists businesses, consumers, forest owners and managers, and other stakeholders to identify and promote merchandise and goods from forests that are managed responsibly. The label indicates that wood, non-wood or wood-based products originate from PEFC certified timber and this is becoming ever more important as consumers are increasingly conscious of the impact of their buying decisions.
Logo Use OptionsThere are two logo use options:
- The use of the logo physically on a certified product and on stationary, brochures or other documentation linked to the product (“on-product”)
- The use of the logo not linked to a product, for instance, for promotional or educational purposes (“off-product”)
- at least 70% of wood from PEFC-certified forests that meets or exceeds PEFC’s Sustainability Benchmark requirements and recycled material; and
- wood from controlled sources
The overall content of recycled material shall not be higher than 85%.
Where the product does not include recycled material, the label claim shall be used without the world ‘recycled’.
- at least 70% PEFC certified material from recycled sources; and
- wood from controlled sources.
Promoting Sustainable Forest Management
Designed for educational or promotional purposes, this label indicates support for sustainable forest management and PEFC certification.
Companies wishing to use the PEFC trademarks must comply with PEFC’s Logo Usage Rules and Requirements. More information can be found in the PEFC Logo Use Toolkit.
Benefits of Using the LogoUsing the logo and label enables certified companies and forest owners to:
- Demonstrate their commitment to sustainable development and corporate social responsibility
- Attract environmentally and socially-minded customers and consumers
- Help generate awareness and demand for products from PEFC-certified forests
- Highlight their engagement with sustainable forest management.