Use the PEFC Label
Are you selling PEFC-certified products? Then you need to tell your customers about it!
You can do this by using the PEFC label on both your PEFC-certified products and your promotional materials such as brochures and websites.
Our easy to use PEFC Label Generator generates PEFC labels in a matter of minutes and provides everything needed to put a PEFC label on products or promotional materials. The PEFC Label Generator is completely cloud-based and enables you to download the label using no additional software. Click on the image to access the generator.
The Latest PEFC Trademarks Standard
In January 2020, PEFC published the latest versions of the PEFC Chain of Custody (ST 2002) and PEFC Trademarks (ST 2001) standards. The PEFC Trademarks standard replaces the PEFC Logo Usage Rules standard (ST 2001:2008).
These standards entered into force on 14 February 2020, with a 30-month transition period. Find out more about how the 2020 standards affect your certification.
The Next Generation Label Generator
A new version of the PEFC Label Generator is available for companies certified against the 2020 version of the PEFC Chain of Custody standard (PEFC ST 2020. This Label Generator produces labels in line with the 2020 PEFC Trademarks standard (PEFC ST 2001).
Companies already certified against the 2020 standards and those being audited after 14th August 2022, should now register to use the new logo generator.
The PEFC Logo
The PEFC logo and labels are globally trusted trademarks. The PEFC ‘green trees’ logo is your assurance that wood-based products – from timber to furniture, packaging to paper – come from sustainable sources.
The label assists businesses, consumers, forest owners and managers, and other stakeholders to identify and promote merchandise and goods from forests that are managed responsibly. The label indicates that wood, non-wood or wood-based products originate from PEFC certified timber and this is becoming ever more important as consumers are increasingly conscious of the impact of their buying decisions.
Logo Use OptionsThere are two logo use options:
- The use of the logo physically on a certified product and on stationary, brochures or other documentation linked to the product (“on-product”)
- The use of the logo not linked to a product, for instance, for promotional or educational purposes (“off-product”)
- at least 70% of wood from PEFC-certified forests that meets or exceeds PEFC’s Sustainability Benchmark requirements and recycled material; and
- wood from controlled sources
The overall content of recycled material shall not be higher than 85%.
Where the product does not include recycled material, the label claim shall be used without the world ‘recycled’.
- at least 70% PEFC certified material from recycled sources; and
- wood from controlled sources.
Promoting Sustainable Forest Management
Designed for educational or promotional purposes, this label indicates support for sustainable forest management and PEFC certification.
Companies wishing to use the PEFC trademarks must comply with PEFC’s Logo Usage Rules and Requirements. More information can be found in the PEFC Logo Use Toolkit.
Benefits of Using the LogoUsing the logo and label enables certified companies and forest owners to:
- Demonstrate their commitment to sustainable development and corporate social responsibility
- Attract environmentally and socially-minded customers and consumers
- Help generate awareness and demand for products from PEFC-certified forests
- Highlight their engagement with sustainable forest management.