Forests area: 304 million ha
Forest owners: > 750,000
Companies (CoC): 19,800
I. Copyright notice
Copyright (c) PEFC UK Ltd. 2015. All rights reserved.
None of the materials provided at this website may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, except as provided for in the Website Usage Agreement between PEFC UK Ltd and the User, and prior written permission from PEFC UK Ltd. To request such permission and for further inquiries please contact PEFC UK Ltd at: email@example.com
The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) name, logo and emblem are the exclusive property of the PEFC Council. They are protected under international law. Unauthorised use is prohibited. They may not be copied or reproduced in any way without the prior written permission of the PEFC. Usage is only allowed with prior authorisation.
II. Website usage agreement between PEFC and the User.
1. Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
2. PEFC UK Ltd maintains this website (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("User"). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. PEFC UK Ltd grants permission to Users to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute, compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site.
3. PEFC UK Ltd administers this Site. All Materials on this Site from PEFC UK Ltd are subject to these terms and conditions.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are released by PEFC UK Ltd.
5. Materials provided on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. PEFC UK Ltd specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. PEFC UK Ltd periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice.
Under no circumstances shall PEFC UK Ltd be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall PEFC UK Ltd or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if PEFC UK Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that PEFC UK Ltd is not liable for any conduct of any User.
7. This Site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers. PEFC UK Ltd does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at User's own risk. Neither PEFC UK Ltd nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
8. As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to hold harmless and indemnify PEFC UK Ltd and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of its terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
9. This Site may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of PEFC UK Ltd and PEFC UK Ltd is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. PEFC UK Ltd provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by PEFC UK Ltd.
10. If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
a. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
b. Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
c. Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefore as may be required by law.
d. Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
e. Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
f. Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
g. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
11. User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by PEFC UK Ltd, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by PEFC UK Ltd. PEFC UK Ltd reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from User, including without limitation email and bulletin board postings.
12. PEFC UK Ltd reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. PEFC UK Ltd shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
13. PEFC UK Ltd reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
14. No waiver by PEFC UK Ltd of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorised representative.
III. Privacy Notice & Cookies
Certain information about the User, such as IP addresses, navigation through site, software used, time spent and other similar information, may be stored on PEFC UK Ltd servers in small data pieces known as "cookies," which may also be written to the User's computer system. These cookies will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for website traffic analysis.
If the User specifically provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will only be used for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access expect in Forums or Discussion Groups that require registration, in which cases the name and e-mail address may be made public to allow participants to contact each other. PEFC UK Ltd, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.