The standard PEFC logo and label includes a series of components that must be present whenever the label is used. There are also some additional optional elements also to be used.
- The PEFC logo consists of two trees surrounded by a circle and the initials “PEFC”; these must always appear together.
- The PEFC logo is a registered trademark; it must always be accompanied by the TM symbol.
- The PEFC logo licence number uniquely identifies the logo licence holder and must always be included.
Note: The PEFC logo licence number is NOT the same as the Sustainable Forest Management or Chain of Custody certificate number.
- Indicator of the percentage of PEFC certified raw material in the product (at least 70%); this is available for the “PEFC certified” label only.
- The label name.
- PEFC website.
PEFC offers two on-product labels and one off-product label:
- at least 70% of wood comes from PEFC-certified forests that meet or exceed PEFC’s Sustainability Benchmark; and
- wood from controlled sources
PEFC Certified & Recycled
- at least 70% of wood comes from PEFC-certified forests that meet or exceed PEFC’s Sustainability Benchmark and/or post-consumer recycled material; and
- wood from controlled sources.
Post-consumer recycled material must meet PEFC’s requirements for chemical and non-chemical contamination. The amount of post-consumer recycled material is specified within the recycling symbol.
- Designed for educational or promotional purposes, this label indicates support for sustainable forest management and PEFC certification.