PEFC UK Key Objectives
In June 2008, the PEFC UK Board adopted a three year Business Plan for the organisation. The plan is subject to annual review but the key market acceptance, public affairs and forest certification objectives, against which progress is measured, are set out below.
1. Market Access
- To deliver value for money to PEFC’s members by adding value to their business
- To contribute to the overall growth PEFC’s international programme by increasing demand for chain of custody certification in the UK
- To translate PEFC’s international market leadership in terms of certified forest hectarage into increased demand for PEFC product.
2. Public Affairs Objectives
- To extend PEFC’s political influence across all areas of government
- To maintain Central Point of Expertise on Timber (CPET) recognition
- To lobby for certified wood-based products to be used in government contracts.
3. Forest Certification Objectives
- To maintain the endorsement of the PEFC UK Scheme for Sustainable Forest Management
- To ensure that the PEFC UK Scheme is fully updated
- To play a full supporting role in the development of both the UK Forest Standard and UK Woodland Assurance Scheme certification scheme (UKWAS)
- To promote the development of PEFC certified forest management through the adoption of dual certification of UK forests under UKWAS.